Apple Business Manager whitepaper for Partners
1. What is Apple Business manager?
Apple Business Manager is a new place for IT teams to automate device deployment, purchase and distribute content, and manage roles within their organisations. Working seamlessly with your mobile device management (MDM) solution, Apple Business Manager makes it easy to enrol devices, deploy contentand delegate administrative privileges.
The Device Enrolment Programme (DEP) and the Volume Purchase Programme (VPP) are seamlessly integrated into Apple Business Manager, so now you can bring together everything needed to deploy iOS devices, Mac computers and Apple TV within your organisation.
Device enrolment is now part of Apple Business Manager, giving you a fast, streamlined way to deploy corporate-owned Apple devices:
• Automatically enrol devices in MDM without having to physically touch or prep each device before users get them. This ensures that all users receive your organisation’s configurations immediately after they activate their device.
• Simplify the setup process for users by removing specific steps in Setup Assistant, so users are up and running quickly. And by using supervision, a higher level of device management options become available for iOS and tvOS devices, including non-removable MDM.
• Manage default MDM servers more easily by setting a default server that’s based on device type. And you can now manually enrol iOS devices and Apple TV using Apple Configurator 2, regardless of how you acquired them.
The Apps and Books section of Apple Business Manager enables organisations to buy content in volume more easily. Whether your workforce uses iPhone, iPad or Mac, you can provide great content that’s ready for work with flexible and secure distribution options:
• Purchase apps, books and custom apps in bulk. Easily transfer app licences between locations and share licences between purchasers within the same location. And see a unified listing of purchase history, including the current number of licences in use via MDM.
• Distribute apps and books directly to managed devices or authorised users, and easily keep track of what content has been assigned to which user or device. With managed distribution, you control the entire distribution process, while retaining full ownership of apps. And apps that aren’t needed by a device or user can be revoked and reassigned within your organisation.
• Pay using multiple payment options, including credit cards and purchase orders. Organisations can buy Volume Credit (where available) directly from Apple or from an Apple Authorised Reseller in specific amounts, which is delivered electronically to the account holder as store credit.
• Distribute an app to devices or users in any country where the app is available, enabling multinational distribution. Developers can make their apps available in multiple countries through the standard App Store publishing process.
Apple Deployment Programs: deploy.apple.com
iOS Deployment Reference: help.apple.com/deployment/ios
macOS Deployment Reference: help.apple.com/deployment/macos
Business IT Resources: www.apple.com/business/resources
Business Device Enrollment Program: www.apple.com/business/dep
Business Support: www.apple.com/support/business
1 – Apple Authorized B2B channel – AVAD Baltic authorized partners, who provide devices and services to B2B customers.
2 – Book purchases in Apple Business Manager are not available in certain countries. To learn which features and purchasing methods are available where, visit support.apple.com/HT207305